H.E The Governor
- The Delivery Unit
The Department of Delivery Unit was formed by H.E, the Governor through his executive powers and wisdom in his second term in office in August 2018. The purpose is to track delivery of services of Mandera County Government by working collaboratively with all departments to fast-track the implementation of key/ high priority projects and all other government services. One of the mandates of the Delivery Unit is to provide monthly/quarterly/ annual reports on programs & services and their value for money. The unit keeps the Governor informed on timely and regular basis on progress of county plans and programs.The Unit independently evaluates progress and reports results to the Governor. Some of the other functions of the Governor’s Delivery Unit include acting as a watchdog and assuring quality while giving advisory services where necessary. The Delivery unit acts as the eyes and ears of the governor. We carry out internal audit covering performance appraisal rather than finances. We emphasize on non-financial reports and timely implementation of projects and plans. The Delivery unit appraises plans and reports formulated by the Economic Planning Department. We also undertake independent evaluation, verify, investigate and serve as a “response unit” to avoid risks.
LEADERSHIP AND STAFFING
The delivery unit is directly under the Governor office and is housed in the same compound of H.E, the Governor. His Excellency, Governor Ali Ibrahim Roba, through his wisdom appointed a 7-member Delivery Unit, headed by Mr. Ahmed Ali Madey, Deputized by Mr. Hassan Hussein Mohamed, 2 Assistant Deputies, Mrs. Zahara Bashir and Mr. Dakane Mohamed and the following 3 coordinators;
- Mr. Mustafa Mohamed Adan
- M/s Mumtaz Bishar Musa
- Mr. Abdullahi Hussein Kassim
The Delivery Unit by design is lean but has highly skilled personnel who are results-focused and will receive continuous training to sharpen their capacity to deliver results.
The Delivery Unit is in the process of developing a County M&E Framework and formation of various committees in collaboration with relevant stakeholders. When H.E the Governor’s Delivery Unit is successful, there will be visible big and fast results in the prioritized sectors, comprehensive progress tracking of the key priorities and developed performance culture of efficient delivery of services in all the ministries/departments
2. Efficiency Monitoring Unit
The Department of Efficiency Monitoring Unit (EMU) was formed by H.E, the Governor through his executive powers and wisdom in his second term in office in August 2018. The purpose of establishing EMU is to:
- Work with other departments to fast-track implementation of high priority development
- Collect and collate data, analyzing and using information to inform the progress and impact of interventions.
- Keeping the Governor informed on timely and regular basis on progress of county plans and programs
- Monitor weekly reporting template on performance of flagship projects and monthly Governor’s Dashboard to ensure the Governor is fully informed of progress and challenges including early warning system to identify risk and bottlenecks.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and Annual Reports on projects and programs of to achieve value for money
- Provide mentoring, coaching services for project managers to ensure projects and services are evaluated for impact created.
- Ensure programs are implemented as per budget, CIDP and Annual Work plan.
- Establish framework for progressively achieving a County Government culture of data-driven decision-making
- Review planning process and assist county departments to know step-by-step what needs to be done to deliver results on high priority programs
- Training of staff on M&E
- Induction of staff on County Implementation Monitoring and Evaluation Systems and Human Resource Management
- Improved service delivery through close supervision of projects and programs as well as staff presence in their duty stations
- Timely submission of statutory reports by ministries
- Formulation of County M&E framework
- Assisted Economic Planning in the formulation of County Annual Progress Report (C_APR)
- Assisted economic planning in the formulation of Mandera County Indicator handbook
- Developed monitoring tools for ministries to track progress of projects, programs and service delivery
- Developed internal report that led to the improvement of revenue streams
- Developed anti corruption mechanisms strategies in the County
Staffing and Leadership
The Efficiency Monitoring Unit (EMU) is directly under the Governor office and shares the compound with MANDAWASCO. His Excellency, Governor Ali Ibrahim Roba, through his wisdom appointed a 7-member EMU, headed by Mr.Okash A. Adan, Deputized by Mr. Mohamud O. Obsiye, with the following 5 coordinators;
- Mr. Ibrahim Maalim Alio
- Mr. Mohamed Ibrahim Ali
- Mr. Feisal Ahmed Mohamed
- Miss. Amran Mohamed Abdulla
- Miss. Farhiya Kassim Kerow
4. The Governor’s Press Unit
The Governor’s press service (GPS) department is responsible for planning and covering the governor’s functions and the county government’s activities in electronic and print for dissemination to the media and public. It also prepares supplements, documentaries, press releases/media features. Additionally, GPS builds and mainstays a database of news/information on the governor and other ministries besides coordinating the press-related issues in all the ministries.
Established in 2013, GPS is headed by a director.