Youth, Gender And Social Services
The ministry of youth gender and socials service is comprised of two departments: Gender and social service and Youth affairs. The department of gender and social service deals with women empowerment, persons with disability and children welfare while the department of youth affairs deals with all youth related affairs except sports issues
To promote holistic quality social services to foster growth and development that is sustainable and nationally competitive.
To improve quality of social services delivery founded on values such as honesty co-operations ,commitment and trust at most crucial period of human growth and development.
Our Core Mandate
- Creates social awareness on issues concerning PWD
- Creates social awareness on issues concerning women
- Creates social awareness on issues concerning youth
- Creates social awareness on issues concerning children welfare
- Day today Administration of county department
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery within the department
- Implementation of policies and programs within the department
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development goals including performance management
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain Vision 2030
- Promote National Values and Principles of governance and Values & Principles of public service as outlined in Article 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the County Executive Committee Member.
- Realize the governors manifesto, big 8 agenda by formulating and implementing effective program
- Gender equity
- Result Oriented
- Customer Satisfaction
- The county government of mandera through the ministry of youth, gender and social service carried out a need assessment survey during the financial year 2019/2020 and identified the most vulnerable people in the seven sub-county who lack most of the basic necessity (shelter, food and clothing). The identified beneficiaries are of two categories, those who lack shelter and those that can’t afford daily meal. 75 houses were constructed for those lacking shelter, and 116 were given 10 goats each. The initiative was highly praised by a lot of people because it touched and helped the most vulnerable in the society hence one the successful project yet. Also the groups were given food and non-food items.
- The ministry also helped the women, youth and PWD groups with income generating equipment to uplift their economic position, so that they can help themselves. The equipment’s are
- Sewing machine
- Saloon equipment
- 300 youth, women and PWD were trained on varies economic empowerment programs that can help them make better sound decision when one wants to start a business.
- A resource center for person with disable has been constructed and operationalization is in the pipeline. Hence the facility is envisioned to be a place where PWD realizes their potential and be help whenever help is available.
- Construction of Rehabilitation center for youth battling drug addiction is ongoing. the facility is meant to house youth battling drug addiction. The construction is on its final stage and operationalization is in pipeline.
- 5 Orphanage center were supported with grant by the ministry