Education, Culture, Tourism and Sports
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Tourism and Sports has four sections namely: Early Childhood Development Education, Quality Assurance and Standards, Vocational Education and Training, Sports, Culture and Tourism.
To provide a catalystic environment for provision of quality service for holistic education, sports, culture and tourism to foster growth and development that is nationally competitive and sustainable.
To improve quality education, sports, culture and tourism founded on the values such as honesty, co-operation, commitment and trust at the most crucial period of human growth and development.
Our Core Values
- Transparency, accountability and prudent management of resources.
- Promote dignity, worth and rights of every human being.
- Partnership and collaboration.
- Gender responsive, child and diversity friendly.
- Customer focus.
- Acceptance of fair play charter.
- To create efficient awareness, mobilization and capacity building mechanisms for effective management and delivery of Early Childhood Development Education, Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET), Culture, Tourism and Sports services in Mandera County.
- To enhance access, equity, retention, transition and completion levels at the Early Childhood Development Education, TVET, Non-Formal Education, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary institutions in Mandera County.
- Provision of infrastructure at Early Childhood Education, TVET, Non-Formal Education, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary institutions.
- To improve quality of training programmes for sporting activities in Mandera County.
- Enhance the capacity of the young people to engage in meaningful activities in the County.
- To improve transition within the system and address the needs of the marginalized young people in Mandera County.
- To equip the youth with relevant skills, knowledge and attitudes in the County.
- To provide quality, affordable and accessible formal and non-formal training.
- To mobilize, sensitize and provide direction for the County to participate in sports recreation, good health, competition and career development.
- To enhance tourism and cultural promotion in the County.
- Formulate policies on ECDE, TVET, Sports, Culture and Tourism specific to Mandera County.
- Increase ECDE enrollment by 30 percent by investing in infrastructure, learning, teaching and play materials.
- Increase access to TVET by 30 percent through investment in infrastructure, teaching and learning materials.
- Economic empowerment of youth through sporting activities .
- Enhance youth employability through imparting knowledge and skills in technical and vocational training.
- Tap and nature sporting talents.
- Improve ECDE and TVET performance in the County.
- Establish a world class international university, Mandera University of Science and Technology ((MUST)).
- Invest in the construction of integrated Islamic schools in the County.