We the leaders and the people of Mandera County, realizing that our common aspirations and prosperity lies on the immediate, firm and resolute action against the threat of violent extremism, radicalization, inter-clan clashes and poverty. We have met at the Granada Hotel, Mandera Town on 22nd and 23rd October 2018 to discuss Community led Counter terrorism and deradicalisation efforts to fight violent extremism.
We hereby resolve to:
1. Adopt an inclusive approach that brings on board multi-agencies and non-state actors in preventing and addressing violent extremism.
2. To aggressively sensitize the public on the effects of violent extremism and radicalization.
3. Appreciate and promote the role of communities in providing human intelligence and on time action to deter and respond to incidents of violent extremism in Mandera.
4. Work with the national government on an all-inclusive, structured amnesty, disengagement, rehabilitation and reintegration programme in Mandera County
5. Promote the leadership of women and youth in encouraging socialization and rehabilitation programmes for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism
6. Fast track the implementation of action points in MCG CIDP and Mandera County CVE Action plan that focuses on youth empowerment and job creation
7. Work with Muslim Ullama’s’ in speaking out and promoting narratives that delegitimizes Alshabab propaganda and supports the language of peace and inclusive development.
H.E. Ali Roba at the close of two day stakeholder conference on Prevention and Countering Violent Extremism (PCVE)
Leave A Comment