Mandera County government has identified five hotspot areas where it says clan clashes could erupt.
The department of cohesion and integration has identified the following five hotspots:
- Rhamu-sala-jabibar corridor
- Kotulo-Mandera-Wajir corridor,
- Burmayo Corridor, neighbouring Wajir North,
- Elwak-Lafey-Wargadud corridor
- Kenya-Ethiopia border corridor, along the common border shared by Banisa sub-county, Dawa zone, Liban zone and Mandera North sub-county
The department also called for formation of a ceasefire committee to prevent bloodshed.